counter

Sannata

Dec 27 2007

Me at Mirza Ghalib's Haveli, Old Delhi, Summer 2005

Today, December 27th is 211th Birth Anniversary of Mirza Ghalib, the legendary Urdu Poet. I don’t need to really say anything about him, for anyone who has ever delved into the tender world of Urdu Poetry knows about Mirza Sahab. After a long gap, I am posting one of my Nazms. I wrote this one during my trip to India.

I had actually written it 2 days after I wrote Meri Waaqif Hai, which for some reason everyone liked. Anyhow, this one was penned in kind of a Transcendental frame of mind when I was neither concentrating nor contemplating. Enjoy the Nazm and may Mirza Nausha look down upon it from his abode. For some friends who can’t read Hindi, I am putting up a recitation. I also played the Score of the famous song If in the background, which I had also performed on Keedy Night. Kind of like a fusion work. Now mates will know how hoarse I sound at 1 AM 🙂 Here is the MP3 if you are having buffer issues.

Sannata

Like(0)Dislike(0)
Comments So Far..
  • Anupam Dhar 29 December, 2007 at 12:53 am

Yeh nazm tumne kahan chhupaa ke rakhe thee ab tak ya maine nahin pade. Is it in my collection of your poems? I think I've taken this shot or was it Anil Taploo? Great stuff but lately methinks you have slowed down on your "shayari".

Like(0)Dislike(0)
  • Gautam 29 December, 2007 at 3:13 pm

Pitaa ji, aap thik farma rahe hain. Lately, other things have prevented me from holding my pen. Hopefully the small drought will end soon. I think it was you who took this photo.

Like(0)Dislike(0)
  • Janki 30 December, 2007 at 1:27 pm

Beautiful!

Like(0)Dislike(0)
  • faraz 4 February, 2008 at 1:16 pm

gautam mian. aadab. bahut waqt hua mulaqat nahi hoi. socha aaj aap ke khazanay ki talashi lain. zabardast kalam likha hamesha ki tarah. lakin ham jesay hindi rasm-ul-khat se na-bald logon ke liay ya to roman ya phir urdu rasm-ul-khat mai likhiay. takeh ham bhi is poetry se ziada lutf andoz ho sakain. ijazat dejiay. aadaab

Like(0)Dislike(0)
  • Gautam 4 February, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Faraaz miyaan. Aap jaise hazraat ki khaatir naachiz ne apni awaaz mahfooz rakh chori hai yahaan. Aainda roman me zaroor likhoonga!
    Tasleem

Like(0)Dislike(0)
  • faraz 5 February, 2008 at 6:16 am

bari khushi hoi keh aap aainda roman mai likhain gey vesay agar aap ki ijazat ho to mai os roman ko urdu rasm-ul-khat mai likh kar aap ko bhijwa diya karon. takeh urdu ka jo asal maza hay os se lutf andoz hua ja sakay. khush rahiay aor isi tarah likhtay rahiay.
    aadaab

Like(0)Dislike(0)
  • ANIL TAPLOO 8 May, 2008 at 9:41 am

I was present with the talented photographer and the Poet.Rather I took him to these forgettable small streets.but overall an enjoyable movement.

Like(0)Dislike(0)
  • Gautam 8 May, 2008 at 10:05 am

Titu bhaiya, the streets of Ballimaran were not forgettable. It was a memorable trip!! 🙂

Like(0)Dislike(0)
  • ANIL TAPLOO 24 May, 2008 at 8:19 am

Mr.Gautam what i wanted to say was that people in india are and have forgotten LATE Ghalib and his left out place. I request people to visit the place to make memorable'

Like(0)Dislike(0)