Thanks for stopping by. I will let you kick back and peruse gdhar.com. Life has been a roller-coaster ride for me and it’s my earnest hope to share with you all my songs, stories, travels, Urdu poetry, and some of those moments I came across on carefree highways of life…
Some frozen moments from recent times that I can think of..
- Farewell Google and US after staying for 14 yrs to return back to India.
- Hired by Google for 2nd time but walked away to tread unchartered paths.
- Taught music & English to rural youth of India at Aurobindo Ashram, Delhi.
- Survived a stampede during Mahakumbh 2013 with more than 40 Million people around me!
- Volunteered for an Uttarakhand based NGO, CHIRAG and taught music, computers and English to Primary school children for about a year. Yes, I was there during 2013 Tragedy.
- Hired by Google yet again (third time’s a charm), this time in Delhi, India.
- Marriage came knocking in December 2014 in ways never fathomed. Varuna who taught me how to live without care, my travel partner who made me less of a man and more of a child.
- Trekked to Tungnath, Deoriatal, Valley of Flowers, Hemkund Sahib, Lake Gangbal, Mount Harmukh, Satopanth, etc. Visited Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, hiked down the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Bhutan & much more.
It’s been a good life all in all, for it’s good to have a chance to hang around. Each morning I look at the birds and dew-drops hanging on the wire – and realize that I still have another song to sing – another tale to tell. May be tomorrow, when winds aren’t cold and sun’s a bit warmer, I’ll tell you another story…
December 2017, Delhi