and so we begin..
Thanks for stopping by. I am not the kind to bore people with too much text, so I will let you kick back and peruse the website. May be a tune or an article will catch your eye. Last 1 year has been a roller-coaster ride for me and I have travelled, taught, made music, met some brilliant people and captured some breath-taking scenes in my camera as I travelled from deep Himalayas to Western Seas.
Some frozen moments from last 12 months that I can think of..
- Farewell Google after 4+ yrs of superb working experience with some of the brightest folks in Silicon Valley, USA.
- 8 KM trek to Tungnath at 12,000+ feet in Garhwal, Himalayas and staying without Electricity, Water and Phone for 3 days.
- Watching Sunrise from the base of Narayan Parbat at 12,000+ feet in Himalayas.
- Teaching computers and music to rural youth of India in Delhi and making wonderful friends.
- Making kids smile by singing at a girl shelter Kilkari in Delhi on their annual day.
- Feeling bliss at Sarnath where Gautam Buddha gave his first sermon.
- Meeting Naqsh Lyallpuri (famous lyricist of 1950s-70s) on his 85th birthday in Bombay. A memorable evening of Urdu Poetry!
- Surviving a stampede in Allahabad during Mahakumbh 2013 with more than 40 Million people around me! (2 women died).
- Working for an NGO in Central Rural Himalayas on a variety of Projects and teaching music to Primary school children.
- Continued work on our (Iktara) music.
It’s been a good life all in all, for it’s good to have a chance to hang around. Each morning I look at the birds and dew-drops hanging on the wire – and I realize that I still have another song to sing – another tale to tell. May be tomorrow, when winds aren’t cold and sun’s a bit warmer, I’ll tell you another story…
August 2013, Uttarakhand