counter

Tumse Mil Kar Aisa Laga

Feb 02 2008

Happy Birthday!

I recorded this song on Ashwini’s request who wanted me to sing this song for her Husband’s birthday. I’d never played it before, so just figured it on Guitar. I sang it in G. It didn’t turn out that great, but I hope Ashwini and her Husband enjoy it! Here is the MP3 of the recording. She has been a regular visitor to Gdhar.com and I didn’t want to disappoint her :-)

The song is from the Hindi movie, Parinda (Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit) and is sung by Suresh Wadkar and Asha Bhonsle.

Comments So Far..
  • anupam dhar 3 February, 2008 at 12:19 am

It just turned out great boy!! Were you attempting a sorta baritone effect?
    From your next rendition onwards please provide info regarding the original composer and singer. Helps relate the song and enjoy it better.
    Your control over vocals is improving.

• Gautam 3 February, 2008 at 12:29 am

Dhar sahab, I've put the song's info. Thanks for listening!

• ashwini 3 February, 2008 at 12:30 am

Great............this song has been rendered beautifully. you have indeed made Amit's b'day special. thanks a lot buddy. In his very own words, this is the greatest b'day present he has ever got.

thanks a lot.....again.

GOd bless you.

Ashwini.

• ashwini 3 February, 2008 at 12:33 am

are you online right now on gmail chat?

• Gautam 3 February, 2008 at 10:44 am

Thanks Ashwini. I'm glad Amit liked it. All the best!

• Urmila (Bua) 4 February, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Gautam: very good attempt. Your friends don't know me but next time, ask me and I will sing the female parts with you. It's your site but let's do some duets here and see what your listeners say!

• Gautam 4 February, 2008 at 2:05 pm

You took the words out of my mouth buaji!!! We have to do a duet sometime, absolutely!

• anupam dhar 5 February, 2008 at 10:47 pm

And when is the mega release due?? Looking forward to the unique occasion.
    And Urmila, these would be the right moments and times to set right whatever minor flaws you observe in Gautam's vocal output.
    And you Gautam, always grab such offerings. You, with your immense desire for singing are fortunate to have a "Guru" at home.

• Gautam 5 February, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Yes, Aunty and I need to do some serious recording soon!

• Himangi 9 February, 2008 at 4:44 am

Hi,

Heard ur cover of the song "Tumse Milkar ' from parinda. thanks a lot for fulfilling my sister's request and this is an awesome renderation heard in the recent times of this songs... I must say that you are a superb singer and a great player.

Thanks again..

himangi

• Gautam 9 February, 2008 at 10:24 am

Thanks for stopping by Himangi. It was a pleasure to sing the song :)

• anupam dhar 14 February, 2008 at 10:40 am

Everytime I listen to this particular song I find it more enchanting. I am marking this song as your bench mark for your future renderings and have also bench marked your Cliff Richard song " Visions " for 'angrezi geet'.

I'll tell you when you cross the bench mark.

Keep singing and strumming.

• ashwini 14 February, 2008 at 11:38 am

i agree with your Dad.........even i listen to this particular song of yours almost every day

• Gautam 14 February, 2008 at 11:40 am

Oh my god!!! This song is just ok yaar..nothing great. I'm sure there are others which are a bit better. Pita ji, but I agree, I enjoyed singing visions. As if Cliff himself came into me :)

• himangi 16 February, 2008 at 9:59 am

Thanks alot again... saw the list of your classical & hindi songs.they are amazing and simply the gr8... all the songs old and recent is a gem and worth of making a collection...

• himangi 16 February, 2008 at 10:05 am

hi...

can u pls tell me from where can i get the songs that u have given on Kashmir? I have been to kashmir last year for 16 days and i tell u... it was a mesmerising experience..Gulmarg, khilanmarg, Sonmarg, Palgham..Srinagar, Charchinar,Dal lake, nishant bagh..everything......since then, I've been crazy for anything related to Kashmir..songs, videos, movies, pictures...article, news..everything... and also the name of the albums from which u have given , Pt Shiv Kumar Sharma's songs?

• Ashwini 21 February, 2008 at 7:24 am

Gautam aka Rusty

This is an indeed masterpiece.......................

Ashwini

• Gautam 19 April, 2008 at 8:49 am

Thanks everyone!

• akaul 20 April, 2008 at 11:51 am

hi there,
    Hope alls well with you and yr Goooooooooooogle ......
    keep singin more and more !!!!!!
    we want to hear more songs....and some new shairi...
    best wishes

akaul

• Janki 21 April, 2008 at 10:30 pm

everytime i visit ur site--there is always a pleasant surprise :)
    one word to describe this one.....WOW!

• Gautam 30 May, 2008 at 12:16 am

Hey now Janki :P

• vaibhav 17 October, 2008 at 3:02 am

just great will be the least thing to say for this stuff.
    can you please send me the cords and strumming/plucking pattern of this song

• Gautam 17 October, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Thanks Vaibhav, I think I pretty much figured out the chords the same morning Ashwini requested this song and decided to record it. Strum can mostly be heard to by ear. I don't know how to explain it.
    I think my version starts with G and goes to Am. I think I saved the notepad file when I was working on this song, will send it to you if I find it.

• VT 29 October, 2008 at 8:43 am

This song was not so lovely before I heard it here! Great!

• Gautam 2 November, 2008 at 4:53 pm

Many thanks VT!

• Mitsu 19 November, 2008 at 4:29 am

Heard your songs on UTube and then followed the link...it's a song with soul and your rendition was lovely.
    Keep singing :)

Mitsu

• Gautam 22 November, 2008 at 11:05 am

Thanks Mitsu !

• sangeeta 10 December, 2009 at 10:22 am

hey..!
    thats just great voice,
    i loved hearing it.. actually the song is beautiful and u sing very beautiful.. mind blowing,
    what are u exactly spiritual person or singer or what???????????
    multiple personality,, but i would really love the song in hindi in ur voice especially bal subramaniam, suresh wadkar, hariharan.
    par tumhari awaj itni achi hai ki tum jo bhi gana gaoo wo acha he lagega..
    new fan member..!

• sangeeta 15 December, 2009 at 6:19 am

i think i should dedicate this song to babaji........ as i find the words exactly what i want to say him................

• neha 7 March, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Hey Gautam,
    I came here searching for mr. Bond.. but I am becoming a die hard fan of yours!!
    you are simply great...
    You deserved to meet Bond!

• Post Your Comment..